Saturday, March 20, 2010

Weekend rambles

1. Sometimes I feel frustrated/sad whenever I see blog posts on Forever 21, Victoria Secret or anything U.S. related! Because everything there is so darn cheap compared to Australia. For example, a decent looking dress from Forever 21 is about 20 dollars. Australia's equivalent to U.S. Forever 21 is probably Supre. I walked into Supre the other day and a pair of shorts is $40!!! Woe is me. I've hardly bought anything from Australia the past few years because I can't bring myself to buy such expensive stuff when I know I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

2. Leon: the professional! I'm more in love with Natalie Portman than ever before. I've recently watched her first debut film and fell in love with little 11 year old Portman. I don't think she was meant to be the main character of the film but she definitely stole the show. Her character was extremely complex as her 11-year old character had a fatherly-romantic relationship with a man in his mid-40s. I know it sounds really wrong yet it came out so innocently beautiful. There was nothing lustful in the film but rather two lonely and lost characters finding each other and in that, found a new meaning and hope to life.

3. Make up! Wei Chee described me as a late bloomer because I've only recently been fascinated with make up! I bought 2 sets of 88 make up palette over the internet ($20 each!) and have been experimenting with the colours. I'm so happy. I feel like my face is a piece of canvas and I'm creating art.

4. Speaking of painting, I've been spending so much of my spare time painting! After this painting episode is over, I won't be touching my paint brushes for the next....few months! I'll post up pictures when I'm done!

5. Run for the kids. I recently joined a 14.6km charity run. Note to self: never ever gulp down protein shake + yoghurt 30 minutes before your run! Let's just say I had stitches even before the ran began. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed the run. I love massive events - the fact that everyone is united for a single cause is so beautiful!

6. Garden report - Sigh, one of plants have been attacked by fungus and its slowly dying on me!!! The rest of the plants are thriving. I've been having meals out on my balcony, basking in the summer/autumn heat. I love checking on my plants progress and watching new leaves sprount and new flowers blossom. It's like watching a miracle performed before your eyes.

No comments: