Friday, November 18, 2011

Hello world

I've been extremely disconnected from the blogging world. That being said, I do keep a fitness blog, where I just down my fitness progress. But there's nothing like writing as an outlet of emotional expression. I lost my dot net domain as a result of my sheer procrastination. I kept saying "tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow" for 30 days leading up to the date of my domain expiration. A week after it expired, I finally decided to put an end to my laziness and renew the domain. I clicked on the link and I couldn't do it. Guess what, a week later, some idiotic company bought my domain and if I want my domain back, I would need to pay USD600 or higher. I am not paying that ridiculous amount for my a domain with my own name. I'm so angry at companies that take advantage of situations like this. Why would they buy my name? Sigh. I can complain all I want. But I've learn my lesson. Don't procrastinate. Expect the unlikely - that is even if your name is pretty rare and the chances of someone else (or in this case, company) wanting to acquire your name seems pretty low to you, don't take the risk. Secure your property.

No comments: