Friday, September 07, 2007

22nd Birthday - Part II

After House Church, Jus picked me up and suggested that we take a drive to Docklands to open my presents as Docklands being by the water, has a pretty romantic setting especially when the sun was setting. So we drove there and got out of the car feeling really cold because the sun has already set. I didnt think that it was the smartest plan because it was really very chilly but I didnt complain at all =P I appreciated the fact that he put so much thought into my bday that he even planned WHERE i opened my presents. We sat by the pier while I open my presents in the dark. haha.

(more on presents later)

After about 20 minutes, Jus sent me home to grab some stuff before we headed out for my next adventure. He told me to grab a jacket and some proper walking shoes. I kept asking him where we were going cause it sounded like we were going for a hike except that 1) I know he dislikes hiking 2) We cant hike in the dark. Anyway, i didnt ask too many questions and played along. He dropped me off and told me that I had a maximum of 20 mins to pack my stuff.

My mind was racing as I was thinking about stuff to bring. I quickly headed to my apartment, slid the key into the door and saw this

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

IT WAS A SURPRISE PARTY!!!!!!

haha, so unexpected!!!! It totally caught me off guard. It then occurred to me that Justin's idea of going to Docklands was actually a decoy! Jus who could never lie to me without a straight face really pulled this off very well. I seriously thought that we were going on a hike or something to that effect. haha!

See, I look so surprised!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And even more surprising, I saw this familiar face.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's Clara who was suppose to be in Adelaide! haha, she was the cheeky one that accidently buzzed me earlier in the afternoon! She specifically flew down for my birthday weekend just for 20 HOURS before flying back up to Adelaide!! Love you lots!!

The mastermind behind the surprise party! ANN TAI! haha, this girl who cant lie to save her life manage to pull this stunt off! haha. She called me earlier in the afternoon to ask me what my dinner plans were. She even invited me over to her house for dinner! haha...and she did all that without even giving away any subtle hints! Thanks for planning it. Love ya =)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Everyone are such good actors! haha...except for the fact that everyone mysteriously thought that my bday was on sat and clara unexpectedly buzzed me, I didnt suspect a thing.

I dont have too many nice pictures of the food thats why i didnt put any up. But, I was really touched that everyone put so much effort into preparing the food. There was no KFC or pizza!!!

Ann's mum made my favourite Assam Laksa plus mooncake =)
Wing Yan made her yummy pasta
Nina + Joanne + Sarah brought salad. In addition Joanne made cupcakes
Ivy and Steve made sticky date pudding and noodles
Ern Ern and Sharon roasted a chicken!!! Ern doesnt cook that often. So, I'm really proud of her that she can roast a chicken. And it was scrumptious to boot!
Sharon made mauritus dessert!
Val cooked chicken stirfry
Someone brought roast duck (please owned up. haha, i need to thank you. I think its Lee)
Clara bought pasta salad

*okay, gtg now! Brekkie with Annie* (hey, it rhymes)
Someone brought tiramisu cake

5 comments:

Itscheryl said...

ehhe how many surprise birthday parties have u had already
haha maybe not too easy to fool next time =P

Anonymous said...

JOanne.. happy way belated bday.. you look gorgeous as usual. Take care :)

Kevin Siah said...

Happy belated birthday, JK!

Joanne Khoo said...

cheryl: haha, hm..had 4 surprises i think. I wasnt really surprised the last 3 times but they really pulled this one off very well.

Bea: Thanks!! Happy belated bday to you too !!!!!!!

Kev: Thank you KS.

Joanne Khoo said...

Kev: I just read your blog. You look so fit!! Hats off to you =)