Thursday, March 13, 2008

Clutter

Enough is enough. Last night, I dreamt I was kidnapped onto a ship. I woke up feeling tense and had to consciously relax my muscles. The other day, I dreamt that my house was robbed and we had to hide in the cupboards. I woke up at 6 ish in cold sweat and tried to calm myself down before going back to sleep, only to find that it was a mere intermission between nightmares. The robbers returned to my house after they were dissatisfied with their loot and our mysterious disappearances. I realised that I tend to get more displeasing dreams whenever I'm back in own bedroom in Melbourne. Perhaps, its because of the clutter in this bedroom. Well, clutter (be it, literal or mental) makes people uneasy/stressed, and therefore...you get more nightmares?? (What do you guys think?)

So,I attempted to do a big spring cleaning session today. I'm basically throwing everything out I do NOT NEED. (discounting personal cards/letters/presents from friends/loved ones of course) I'm like 1/10 done...and it looks like a tornado went through my place. My only consolation is that my study table has absolutely no clutter on it. I divided my clothes into three piles - 1)clothes I currently wear 2)clothes I do not wear but might wear one day 3)clothes I'm going to donate. I'm thinking of just donation pile 2 as well. But...its hard to give/throw away those clothes. Almost every blouse I picked up had some sort of sentimental value - a blouse that reminded me of that shopping spree, that party, that dinner, that outing...I even found my first spaghetti "grown-up" top I ever bought in my life! haha...I'm definitely keeping that one and might even wear it this weekend - if I can still fit into it that is. I went through my old pile of tops and cannot believe I once could fit into those - they look more fitted for an 8 year old. Goodness.

I never liked spring cleaning - its too much work on the brain (trying to remember little details of the past) and its too physical...~!

1 comment:

nina said...

hope you have less nightmares now =)