Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Crue Coffee Lounge, South Yarra

Hello! First, a short note to say that I'm doing well. A couple of people have asked me where have I been and why have I been sounding so crestfallen as of late. I'm here to say that I'm back and well =) I've learnt so much about myself and life in the past few weeks that I can't wait to share it all on my blog. But till I find the right words to say, I'll leave you guys with some yummy-licious pictures.

Last Saturday, Ivy invited me out for brunch with her hubby and the Sohs. They decided to venture out to this new joint, Crue Coffee Lounge which lies on the other side of town. The cafe is well-known for its good coffees. So we were there to test out this theory and also indulge ourselves in their extensive menu.

Photobucket
Spiced fried eggs with chorizo sausages and rocket leaves on flat bread. Absolutely delicious. A fresh change from the usual poach eggs that I usually have. And you can't go wrong with chorizon sausages.

Photobucket
Ives ordered a rhubarb and cream with bananas on bread. (I think there were bananas although I can't spot them in this picture)

Photobucket
Nasi goreng. They have taken nasi goreng to a different level (!). It won't be everybody's cup of tea especially when you have tried the real thing and you would know they have butchered the original recipe and put a western spin to it. But hey, to each his own. The nasi goreng tasted a little sweet and it was fried with bacon (hello? bacon! nasi goreng being a malay dish is suppose to be halal. but who can argue with bacon. yum yum)


Photobucket
They reserved a cozy corner for us. It's always good to make a booking, especially on a busy Saturday morning.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Overall verdict? You'll definitely see me there again! Lovely ambience. With my knowledge on coffee (almost zilch), I can't say too much about the coffees except to give you the standard answer, "its good". But based on all these numerous reviews floating around the world wide web, its safe to say that the coffee its excellent as many are claiming that its one of the best coffees they have tasted in Melbourne. With regards to the food, oh yumm!!! And, apparently, they change the menu quite frequently. Excellent, I always love a good surprise =)

Do pamper yourself at Crue Coffee Lounge, South Yarra.

194 Toorak Road, South Yarra
Melbourne, Australia
03 9827 5058

1 comment:

Saz said...

Jo!

You took a picture of my tummy roll! Hahaha.....

But I also like the one with Aidan sitting quietly next to Steve...

;)

saz