Wednesday, October 24, 2007

sweet tooth reemerged + Vietnam + beach

The past one year, my taste buds have changed - i seem to prefer a plate of nasi lemak over cake anytime. "I've grown up!" I proudly declared to the world. But today, i had this sudden craving for cakes. I've not bought a slice of cake for myself since a year or two ago. So it was a strange thing - having a craving for cakes. I changed out of my PJs to more decent clothes and strolled over to Breadtop, QV. So many cakes to choose from! I chose the green tea cake and picked up a twin sausage bun (two sausages in one bun)as well. I happily sat at one of the tables with green tea cake in my right hand and sausage bun in my left hand. The first minute passed by delightfully quick with me alternately stuffing cake and bun in my mouth. By the 3rd minute, i felt like a greedy fat chic, eating by myself with cream smeared all over my right hand. By the end of it all, my stomach felt a little queasy from all the cream!! No more cream for me!! I never learn =(

On a different note, the Vietnam trip has finally materialised. All the air tickets have been booked =0 My initial travelling buddies abandoned me and I had to recruit new ones. But its all good now. Cant wait. It's gonna be fun! Vietnam is a good place for travel if you are on a shoestring budget =) I can't wait to walk the muddy paddy fields, sleep in the trains and eat $2 vietnamese noodles by the roadside - must bring diarrhea pills.

.....

Summer is nearing - woohoo! The only downside are the insects. I dislike anything that flies (including birds). Countless times have moths locked me in my room - its like Goliath running away from David.

Speaking of summer, on Sunday, Jus and I took advantage of the warm day by going for a run by St Kilda beach. I really miss doing that - running by the beach, touching the water and feeling the sand between my toes. Touching the water always excite me - I wanna touch the water but I dont wanna get my toes wet. It becomes one big game - the waves are so random - some roll close up to you and some further away. Some waves are close together in timing and some further apart. So, you gotta choose the right wave and touch it at the right time. Its such a thrilling game, dont ya think?

After our run, we rewarded ourselves (actually Jus rewarded us :P) to a scrumptious meal of a seafood platter for two. O, my love for seafood! We had oysters, prawns, morten bay bugs, clams, fish etc. We did it alfresco style - sitting outside the restaurant by the beach. I brought back the leftover seafood for my brother and my brother, with a puzzled frown between his eyebrows, said, "so, you both were wearing shorts and sport shoes whilst enjoying this gourmet meal" I repied him with a grin. Meals are meant to be enjoyed in whatever way you fancy, don't ya think.

4 comments:

Itscheryl said...

yes meals are meant to be enjoyed in whatever way you like =D

Joanne Khoo said...

salad,

I'm tired of my old layout that i changed it. haha, im not satisfied with my blog title though. I simply made one up for the time being - will think of something more creative when i have time =)

Alan said...

i like your new design. very nice.

Joanne Khoo said...

hey al, thanks =D