Thursday, October 18, 2007

TGIT

I love Thursdays. Thursday is my seafood day. My usual routine would be to head to Vic market right after class to shop for fresh seafood, veges and fruits. I get pretty excited when the fish seller tells me that they just pulled the fish out from the sea. The fresher the fish, the sweeter the flesh. I usually buy my fish from the non-asian stores because you know, Asians will tell you its fresh even when its not. You know never. Then, ill head to my usual vege store. I have "contacts" in the market! Such an aunty I know. Today, i bought a whole bag of veges for only 3 dollars.

Equiped with my ingredients, I headed home to prepare my meal. I decided to do a quick and easy one today. What can be quicker than having everything raw. So, here it is - raw tuna (sashimi grade), a mixture of rocket + spinach + other Mediterranean leaves, lemon juice, avocado, a dash of extra virgin olive oil + honey. Served with water crackers and cheddar cheese which I managed to grab from Victoria market as well. (it was really good strong cheese. love it!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I decided not to be too greedy and called Jus over for lunch as well.

Cost of meal for 2: $11.50 (cheeses are expensive)

3 comments:

Itscheryl said...

YUM !!!
i loveeeeee cheeseeee
and i wan raw salmon =P

Joanne Khoo said...

i love cheese too =)

haha..but cheese is so fattenin!

o put i tried this really really strong blue cheese yeterday! ew......feel like puking. had to swallow down cheadar cheese to neutralise the taste!

Itscheryl said...

i heard the blue cheese is really smelly or yucky looking
sigh fattening indeed