Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The eye

I'm finally making use of my wacom tablet. For the first time ever, I've decided to experiment in digital art. It is so fascinating! Sigh, should have discovered this earlier! I'm having a ball just playing with my tablet and experimenting with different colours and digital tools!

Drawing/painting digitally was quite daunting initially because its definitely not the same as drawing on paper. You can't physically blend colours together and its a strange feeling having to look elsewhere (screen) while your pen manouvers around the tablet. I was really clumsy with the digital pen at first but after a while, I started warming up to it.

Here's my first sketch ever~! It's very raw but I'm quite satisfied considering this is my first try =)

Photobucket


Same piece as above, but i added subtle "noise" (texture) to the skin.

Photobucket

No comments: