Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm loving my disney songs

Ever since I can remember, my dad had always complains that "they don't make songs like they used to anymore". He claims that modern songs are mostly just noise without any real meaning. And every time some current singer makes a remake of a classic old song, my dad goes, "you see, songs of my generation are so good that modern singers make a remake of them."

*roll eyes*

But in recent years, I've been catching myself saying the same stuff as my dad as well.

They don't make disney movies like they used to anymore!

Disney movies these days have no meaning. The young audience only want to laugh at silly things the cartoon characters do. I miss the whole wicked stepmother, prince charming and happy ever after concept. Nobody can get bored of a good fairy tale. In my opinion, the last great disney movie was toy story (the fact that the soundtrack was awesome is an added bonus). Okay, and maybe..finding Nemo.

Other that that, boo yah. nothing great.

Here are some of my favourite disney songs:

Mulan: A girl worth fighting for


Cinderella: Mouse song


The little Mermaid: Kiss the girl


Beauty and the Beast: Belle

4 comments:

nads said...

i love disney songs toooooo! how are you joanne?

looking spiffy with your new haircut=))

the frog princess's soundtrack's pretty good too. very blusey jazzy.=)

Joanne Khoo said...

nads:

haha..yeahhh..i know you love disney songs too!!!

im good thanks!!

hows uk treating you? i loveeee your new house decoration. You have such a good eye for art =)

will listen to the frog princess soundtrack soon. and will try to watch the movie too!

nads said...

oh crap it's called the princess and the frog. haha i always get it wrongg.

aww thanks joanne! talking about a good eye. the digital sketch you did in your recent post, now that's a good eye!!=))

Joanne Khoo said...

haha didnt even realise that i got it wrong too!

thanks nads =) could be better..but oh well!