Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Test results

I did a couple of medical tests last week. I got my lab test results back today. I've been anxiously waiting for the results for over a week. I ripped the envelope today immediately after I took it out from the letter box.

I checked for the presence of helicobacter pylori, cholesterol levels, evidence of kidney failure etc.

Phew, all normal. So relieved. And, I'm no longer anemic!

That being said, my cholesterol level can definitely be improved. Although my LDL cholesterol level (bad cholesterol) is within the normal range, it is still on the high side of the normal range.

My sodium level seem to be at the high end of the normal range as well. I'm not surprised though. Having grown up in Malaysian with most chefs proclaiming, "the saltier, the better", it's only expected.

It's high time to revamp my diet. I will try cooking sodium-less meals! I'll replace salt with herbs etc. Should be fun experimenting =)

And I will to eat less processed food and outside food. I've been guilty of doing that these past few months =(

Hopefully, the change of lifestyle will produce positive results. I'll go for another medical check up in 6 months time.


By the way, when's the last time you did your medical check up? If you can't remember, it's time to get it done!

Also, a note to the girls in Australia. Gotten your cervical cancer vaccination yet? The government will stop giving out the vaccination for females under 25 free-of-charge after Christmas! Get it done ASAP!

2 comments:

Itscheryl said...

what ? free jab ? it's about 2k here !

Joanne Khoo said...

haha..yeah its free =)

Lucky us!

We get lots of healthcare benefits in Australia.

General consultation, lab health test results, eye check ups, dental check ups are all free =)