Thursday, November 29, 2007

Home is where the heart is

Im back in Malaysia. To anyone visiting or anyone who wants to contact me, call 012-3954380.

Touched down at KLIA last night. I fell asleep during the last hour of the flight and woke up when we were landing. The wheels against the runway caused a loud noise, I woke up thinking that the plane was crashing. haha. The first thought that ran through my mind was, 'is it engine failure? Okay, what should we do now? How do I jump off the plane' I'm overly panaroid i tell you.

So, after heading for supper, we went back home and as my usual routine, I went through all my old musky photo albums. I love doing that - going through photo albums in the middle of the night. I don't know why I do that every year - going through photos for at least 2 hours. Perhaps, I'm afraid that if I stop refreshing my memory, I might forget the experiences.

I went to the pharmacy today. Apparently, I don't have ringworm. The pharmacist thinks that its a combination of some eczema reaction plus fungal infection. Argh, I dont know anymore. I just want it to heal. Ill try out this eczema cream for 2 weeks and then reanalyze the problem.

I signed up for a 3 month gym membership. I'm gonna become a gym junkie =) Having a personal instructor would be awesome but requires lots of $$. So, I'm gonna ask/beg for 1 free personal lesson from the manager tomorrow. Heh, need to brush up my persuasion skills.

Every holidays back to malaysia, im bombarded by my parents and newspapres with news of rape/kipnap/theft cases. I was flipping through the papers today and some cases dont shock my system as much anymore. Its scary when you have become immuned to such news. Its terrible. Today, a young woman in her eary 20s was kidnapped. Who knows what has happened to her. I never experienced such fear a few years back. I remember having late night chats with friends just outside my house or in the garden. Nowadays, I dont even dare sit in my garden at night. Just dont risk it. What has Malaysia become to? 50 years of nationhood and Malaysia has successfully worked its way backwards - mentality wise that is. I love this place because its where im brought up. It saddens me deeply that so much has changed.

1 comment:

Pheebs said...

i echo your sentiment! love this place too...and wish it were becoming a better place to live - with the mentality to match all the other nice developments. unfortunately that mentality does seem to be going backwards. see you soon ;)