Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Short update

Photobucket

weeee......caffeine overdosed....palpitations, tremors and a racing mind. Not good.

Anyway, I had a little bit of a panic attack yesterday as I was trying to plan my one-day Perth trip. I haven't organised any accommodation, transport etc. My initial plan was to spend the night in the airport. Horrors of horrors. The domestic airport does not operate 24-7~!!! What???

Okay, plan B. Sleep in the international airport lounge. I checked the Perth Airport terminal map. Its definitely not walkable~! Based on a brief study of the map, the terminals were kilometers apart. No can do.

Okay, plan C. Find a backpackers inn. Hop onto my most favourite website in the world (okay, I'm lying. One of my favourite websites. I web surf lots~!) www.hostelworld.com. There were only 18 hostels in Perth. Out of which, probably only 9 were in the city. And out of which only half had a decent rating. And out of which, some of them required a minimum of two night stay. Oh no. Panic attack. Plus, I wasn't sure whether I was allowed to check in as such a late hour considering that I'll be arriving in the city at about 1.30 am.

That left me to fend for myself in streets. Plus, i remembered that Perth is a small city unlike Melbourne. I wasn't even sure whether they had 24-7 Hungry Jacks or Mcds. And do I lug my backpack around???

I finally found ONE hostel near the city centre that had a decent rating and did not require a minimum of two night stay. I called up today and the receptionist said I could check-in at anytime of the day. Phew. Very relieved.

So, I now need to figure out whether airport-city shuttle buses operate after midnight and the good places to eat in the city~! I cant wait to just curl up in a cafe and read a book. I've got tons of unread books sitting in my apartment. I bought 4 books last week and 4 books the week before. I even bought a book on basic sewing. I've been patching up clothes, sewing dropped-buttons and even altering dresses the past month. I might as well do it the right way. And while I'm at it, I might as well get a sewing machine. But before I turn too ambitious, I'm gonna start by studying that book. (trying to be a domestic goddess??? eek)

......

oooo....I might be getting my scuba diving license in a few weeks time~!!!!!!!!! To be honest, Im a little afraid of sea creatures. I think that they are either slimy or dangerous. The first time i snorkeled, I jumped off the boat into a huge school of angelfish. Eek. They were so slimy...I didnt like them brushing against my skin. My brother and I were screaming our heads off. Back in high school, I used to have a weekly swimming routine on Wed nights. I'm usually the only one in the olympic size pool. I always imagined sharks swimming beneath me. I blame the movie 'Jaws'. But, I'll brave my fears and will try to get my license (that is if mum allows. She thinks scuba diving is dangerous)

......

On a side-note, do check out www.hostelworld.com if you plan to travel. Click onto the 'guide' section. They have many useful tips, travel podcasts that you can listen too, travel pocket guides and even sample itineraries for the big cities. Its pretty useful if you just need basic tips on a city/country.

No comments: