Saturday, June 21, 2008

An Asian affair

Urgh. I slept at 7 am this morning and stumbled out of bed involuntarily this noon at the sound of my apartment buzzer. Clara and I were busy preparing for my not-so-young brother's birthday party this afternoon. We had to feed about 20 mouths.We decided to make it an Asian affair. So we had nasi lemak with chicken curry, mee siam and assam prawns(courtesy of D's mum). O, also we complimented the main dishes with Asian desserts~! I bought Asian egg tarts plus Malaysian kuihs =) We started most of the preparations at 1 am this morning as we underestimated the preparation time. The sambal took the longest to make because of the lack of ingredients. We had to substitute the dried chillies for fresh chillies, added in copious amounts of additional sugar, salt, belacan and tamarind paste. And finally about 2 hours later, we were semi-happy with the end result =) It was all good. I'm such a failure at following recipes. I now remember why I dreaded chemistry lab sessions in college. Precision was never my forte.

Phew. So now that is done. Im back to hitting the books. Six more days....OMG, I'm going to be cooped up in the apartment or the library for six more days and it will finally be over....

My grand plan today is to finish up 3 1/2 Admin lectures plus 2 past exam tax papers.

And its 3.30 pm at the moment....omg. But, I will not sleep till its all complete.

No comments: