Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back from Bangkok

I fell in love with bangkok. Thailand is adjacent to Malaysia yet the place is so different from Malaysia. Most of the Thais I met on the trip were very friendly. The shopkeepers were willing to take their time out to give us directions even when we didnt buy anything from their store. Some of the food was orgasmic. Yum yum~! And the shopping~! Where do i even begin?? Its dirt cheap. I regretted not bringing more Thai baht to bangkok. I brought only a minimal amount of spending money because I thought Ill only be splurging on food and cheap public transport fares. Boy, was i wrong~! The 5000 stores in Chatuchak market alone was enough to make my jaw drop. So cheap~!

I showed my mum my splurges earlier tonight. Everytime i showed her a new item, she goes 'I want!'. I finally looked at her with a frown and said, 'mm..you cant have everything....but it looks like Ive got good taste~!'

Mum replied, 'yeah yeah...self praise...Looks like you took after me'.

Hmph.


We took about 1500 photos in total~! So a long photo-filled post of my bangkok trip will be coming up soon~!

3 comments:

galnexdor said...

hi joanne! im heading to bangkok end of thisyear coz i transit there with thai airways!

so i extended my stay in bangkok to 4 days long...enough ar? hey the chatuchak markets are only on weekends right? seems to be worth a visit...anything else i should totally catch?

Joanne Khoo said...

4 days should be sufficient. yup, chatuchak only opens on weekends. Ill post up my entire itinerary plus photos on my blog soon. You can judge for yourself whether its worth visiting those places =)

galnexdor said...

haha okok...:) everyone seems to go "u MUST go to chatuchak!" ahah...but i gotta change my flight then coz im going monday to thursday