Monday, July 28, 2008

Back in Melbourne

I took in deep breaths of the crisp Melbourne air, if only to familiarise myself with Melbourne again. I’ve been gone for only a mere month but it feels like a year. It felt strange putting on a jacket, a scarf and stockings. It didn’t help that my ATM card couldn’t work at the airport today. Has the one month made me forget my pin number? And then, my house keys couldn’t work. I stared at my apartment number for a good ten seconds. I was at the right apartment, I think. I tried turning the key again but the doorknob wouldn’t turn. Luckily, my brother was home and he opened the door for me. I need to oil that doorknob.

Just before, I stared at the fifty dollar note in my wallet, only to realise that it wasn’t Australian but Singaporean. I forgot that the Australian one was yellow. A messy collection of coins sit in my wallet – Australian, Singaporean, Malaysian and Thai. If anything, it signifies the amount of travelling I’ve done. Right now, I’m quite happy to rest. To sit in bed, do some light reading, edit my photos and plan the week ahead.

No comments: