Sunday, August 03, 2008

Bangkok - Day 3

Chatuchak market

Any trip to Bangkok must always coincide with the Weekend Chatuchak market. With over 5000 stalls, shopping is endless. Stuff is so cheap that you think they have misquoted the price. Nonetheless, always try to strike a bargain. Normally, a 300 baht dress can be slashed to about 200 baht. I found that you can slash down to about 65 percent of the original price. Of course, buy a few items and you're in for a better deal.

A note of advice: If you like an item and its at a reasonable price, do not deliberate, just grab it! Chances are, you might not come across the item again.


Photobucket
Chatuchak equals art haven. I like.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Only 80 cents aus/RM 2 for a pouch. Cheap.

Photobucket
They sell interesting clothes...

Photobucket
I bought flowers to decorate my apartment in Melbourne. Girls were flocking the stall. It was as if we were stereotyping women.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Chatuchak is packed. Wear comfortable clothes, preferable shorts or a short dress/skirt. And definitely wear comfortable shoes. My feet were soooo sore at the end of the day.

Photobucket
I'm icing myself. Sooooo hot...

Photobucket
Guess who I met there?

Photobucket
Chatuchak sells a variety of food too

Photobucket
Big juicy prawns!

Photobucket
Hey, they imported a teh tarik guy from Malaysia!

Photobucket
I bought beads for my mum. She is into jewellery making.

Photobucket
There's a pet section in the market. This is such an adorable snapshot. A cat and rabbits living in harmony.

Photobucket
And a puppy joined in!

Photobucket
I whispered to Cheryl, 'Omg, I think...they genetically mutated this animal. It's a pig-dog. Seriously, they do anything in Thailand.' Cheryl turned to me and said, 'its a legitimate breed. In fact it's my favourite breed.'

Oh.


Photobucket
Our lunch is yum.

Photobucket
I noticed that Thais love their deep-fried food

Photobucket
This is my favourite cafe there. The staff are so funky. I had this awesome ice cofee. They played soft hm...jazz music/R&B (i forgot) in the background.

Photobucket
Check out the bar stools. It's covered with funky cow skins. We chilled in this cafe for a good 2 hours, took tons of pictures and briefly mingle with an Australian couple from Brisbane who were going to the full moon party. I think being relaxed sometimes makes us more sociable.

Massage at Suam Lum night market
After Chatuchak, we headed back to Suam Lum night market with some friends we made at the hostel for a foot massage. That's Cheryl, Ann and I.

Photobucket

Photobucket
For some reason, I always attract mosquitoes. I was the only one in the entire room that was bitten by mosquitoes. Who said life was fair huh? Eugene is holding this electric insect zapper.

RCA
After the massage, we all headed to RCA. RCA is an area filled with a variety of clubs. It actually reminds me of St James Power House in Singapore. The place is huge. And the best part is that it's free entry! We spent the night club-hopping. My favourite clubs were Route 66 and Flux. Route 66 has three rooms to it with three different genres of music - trance, live music and R&B. I like RCA because it was a good mix of locals and foreigners. Unlike Bed Supperclub or other expat clubs where there are sleasy expats trying to get laid, the crowd here is pretty decent. Okay, let's discount the fact that I saw some really hot prostitutes in RCA.

Photobucket
Outside a club. I love the screen.

Photobucket
This is the entrance of Route 66. The DJ is playing house music.

Photobucket
Live band. We didnt stay too long here because it was Thai music.

Photobucket
We checked out the washrooms

Photobucket
This is the women's washroom! It's not just a place to do your number 1 & 2 but a place to chill.

Photobucket
They have a band in the toilet! I kid you not. A band...My jaw dropped when I entered. I checked the sign twice to ensure that I entered the washroom and not another lounge.

Photobucket
THe management is so considerate. Another plus point (for me at least) about RCA is that its smoke-free. There's a smoking room for the smokers.

Photobucket
One thing I definitely noticed about Thai girls is that most of them are gorgeous. They have great features, they have perfect make-up and hair. And they are slim to boot. But they sure are vain. Seriously, this girl was taking self-portraits for about 10 minutes. And she sure knows how to pose.

Photobucket
Management even provide free internet access. Unheard of. Btw, don't mind me. My first time clubbing without any make up on and wearing flats. Never too late to try something new =)

Photobucket
R&B room in Route 66

Photobucket
Behind the beaded curtains

Photobucket
R&B room in Flux

A note of advice: Be sure to head in early (about 10 am) because clubs in Bangkok close by 2 am.

2 comments:

Itscheryl said...

haha not my fav breed la but one of my favs
my fav is definitely a siberian husky or alaskan malamute.. cant decide which i would want no 1 if i never had rex...

and it's a bull terrier =P
i'm so proud u updated ur whole trip haha

Joanne Khoo said...

oops, one of your favourite breed? I thought it was your favourite.

O, its called bull terrier - not pig-dog.

Yes, finally =) I got it over and done with.