Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Photoship tips - Removing dark circles

Hate taking pictures after a huge night out with evidence on your face to show? Fear not, here's where photoshop comes in handy =)

Photobucket

Here's my original photo. This was taken by Cheryl at QX's birthday dinner. Think I was trying to be a fish or something. Who knows. I had slight dark circles under my eyes that night.
Photobucket

p/s: I drew in a yellow arrow and a red circle as well because initially, I plan to put up tips on smoothening the complexion but the results were not too obvious in the post-edit photo. So I'll leave it for another day.

Removing dark circles
To remove the dark circles, I used the stamp tool (The stamp tool is circled in green)

The Clone Stamp tool takes a sample of an image, which you can then apply over another image or part of the same image

Step 1: Select the stamp tool

Step 2: Choose a brush tip. I choose the soft round brush. You can increase your brush size by pressing the "[" key and reduce your brush size by pressing the "]" key.

Step 3: Reduce the opacity to about 10%. This will make the editing look more natural.

Step 3: Deselect "aligned" in the options bar to continue to use the sampled pixels from the initial sampling point each time you stop and resume painting.


Step 4: Set the sampling point by positioning the pointer in any open image and then Alt and left-click simultaneously (Windows). I normally set the sampling point slightly underneath the dark circles.


Step 4: Finally, start colouring over your dark circles by left-clicking on the areas you want to correct.

Photobucket
Edited image. Hm...the correction is not too obvious here but if you look closely, youll notice a slight difference =)


p/s: Cheryl, who is a fantastic photographer was generous enough to give me photoshop lessons =) If you guys need a freelance photographer in KL, let me know =)

2 comments:

Itscheryl said...

you hardly have any dark circles !
but good thing u didnt use my pic as an example.. would make a good one though =P

Anonymous said...

was thinking of putting up the pic you edited with both of us inside...In that pic, both our dark circles were pretty bad. But i was afraid that you might kill me :P
haha

Joanne