Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Here it goes...

And I'm not suppose to be doing this. Blogging that is.

But I haven't written in this space for an awfully long time. I would like to say real life happened but really, not much has been happening on my end. Well, either nothing too interesting or nothing that I can write publicly about.

So, here's what I've been up to in random order:

Photobucket

Hm...let's see, I cleaned a crab the other day. My first crab~! I was really scared at first because it was still alive - moving and kicking. And, i felt bad being the one that ended its life =( But dad showed me how and I was stabbing it in glee. I'm a sadist sometimes =)


Photobucket

I decided to cook the crab sweet and sour style. Oops, I think I've gone a little too far with the coriander (I love coriander). It's really easy to cook this dish.

Here's the recipe in steps:

Oil the wok

Put in 8 diced garlic pips, 4 shallots and 2 big chillis.

Fry till fragrant

Add tomato sauce (hm...to your liking. Im bad at proportions)
Thai sweet chilli sauce (if you like it spicy)
Water (the amount of water depends on how much sauce you like. If you add more water, then you add more tomato sauce and other ingredients)
Vinegar (not too much, the dish should be more sweet than sour)
Sugar
Salt
Cornstarch (to thicken the sauce. Remember to mix the cornstarch first with a little water before pouring it in. ALso pour it from a great heigh to achieve a smooth texture)

Put in the crabs
Cover it and let it cook for about 15 minutes (or till it turns red)
Just before you dish it out, add a beaten egg (quickly stir the egg the moment you pour it in before it becomes one hard lump)

Dish the crabs out and add the coriander (don't over do it like me =) )


Here's some photos from my trip back to KL. I hardly took any photos this time round because my camera is always out of battery (i have this knack for not charging my things) or I leave my camera at home.

One main reason I'm never bored back in KL is because I have these two silly gooses to entertain me. Look at how we entertain ourselves when we line up to buy our cinema tickets. It was a long queue mind you, probably lined up for 45 minutes.

Photobucket
"Act surprised!"

Photobucket
"Gen has made the girls upset but he is oblivious to that fact"

Photobucket
"Think about our upcoming enticing seafood dinner"

Photobucket
"A hot girl walks pass" When a really hot girl walks pass, Wei Chee and I would normally just give each other THAT look. Its a common understanding. No words are needed to be exchanged. We read each other pretty well. Hm...while Gen drools??!?

Photobucket
"A hot guy walks pass" haha, check out Gen's bored look.

No comments: