Thursday, May 14, 2009

El Bulli - Best restaurant in the world



The restaurant has a limited season from April to October; bookings are taken on a single day the previous October. It accommodates only 8,000 diners a season, and gets more than two million (not a typo. Its 2 million~!) requests. The average cost of a meal is 250 euro; the restaurant itself has operated at a loss since 2000, with operating profit coming from El Bulli-related books, and lectures from AdriĆ .

You know what's scary about going to a restaurant like this? What if, I manage to dine there and I don't know how to enjoy the meal because my culinary taste is not refined enough?

2 comments:

Itscheryl said...

yeahh dont know if i would know how to enjoy any of those but the choc dessert haha

Anonymous said...

haha...yeah...i know. and if the chef happens to walk past and ask me bout my opinion on the dish, Ill be like, "hm...yeah....its em..yummy. quite nice..."

Joanne