Friday, February 27, 2009

Cutting costs

In the past one month, I've discovered that I'm paying $30 more for my home phone bill than I should be paying. For the heck of it, I called up the phone company and asked if I could get a more optimal plan than the one I'm on. After being put on hold for about 15 minutes (feels like one hour) and being asked numerous details, he said that there's a much cheaper plan out there for me. The plan I'm on is the old one and there's a cheaper alternative plan! Omg, imagine if I didn't make that phone call!

And a few days after, I called up my internet provider and I find out the same thing! The plan I'm on is the old one and there's a much better alternative out there for me (double the download quota!). Grr...Again, thank God I called!

Dear friends, here's a friendly advice. Call up your various service providers and ask whether there are better plans out there for you. You never know. You might be saving thousands in a year. Imagine what you can buy with you extra cash - air plane tickets, shoes, bags...

No comments: