Monday, February 16, 2009

Goal #20: Learning chinese through podcasts

As mentioned, I've been taking up Chinese lessons. So far so good, save the blunder I made calling a taxi meter "da bian" which means doing number #2 in the toilet instead of "da biao" which is the correct one.

Anyway, I've recently been introduced to this awesome website that publishes daily podcast on learning Chinese. It is an extremely (cannot emphasize enough) useful tool if you want to pick up the language. It comes with a price though. I'm not too sure how much is the subscription fee as I'm still using the trial version. They repeat short sentences in Chinese so many times that you'll remember them in your sleep. In addition, the dialogue can be pretty funny too. A lot of the dialogues are reflections of the Asian culture - cute, sulking girls who go, "hmph!" and storms off while the boyfriend chases after her with flowers in hand.

Or maybe I'm generalising. Maybe I'm the only sulking Asian girl (might not be cute though). heh. But only sometimes do I sulk. Make that rarely (don't want to scare off anybody here, would we? :P).

I digressed.

Here's the link: www.chinesepod.com

No comments: