Friday, February 06, 2009

Goal: #20: Ni hao!

After much deliberation and hesitation over the past two years, I've finally put my foot down and out the door. I'm learning Chinese! I made one quick call today and 2 hours later, I found myself in a Chinese learning center. Trust me, it brought back lots of unwanted, dreadful memories of chinese tuition days. Urgh. I kept asking myself why am I doing this. This answer was simple. I am Chinese.

So, there's no turning back. I'm locked in for the next 10 weeks, 2 hours each session. And, IF, I'm still keen, there's another 10 levels to go. Right now, I'm doing level 4 - that means, I'm learning about 1000 chinese characters. My goal would be to be able to read the chinese newspaper - that's about 3000 characters. It will be a long process but I need to start somewhere.

No comments: