Monday, March 02, 2009

On courtship

I opened my Facebook inbox this morning and I saw this:

Subject matter: An Honest Note =)
Between You and (name hidden)

I'm giving this a try. Maybe if u're ok with it you could reply else just say no?


Name’s (name hidden) and I live in Kuala Lumpur, city I’ve been living in since I was born (well except when I’m off travelling around the globe for business). I'm 26 this year, currently as technical manager for a MNC. Don't do much, mostly work, trying to find that someone special.

I may not be the one in anyone's life at the moment but I'm hoping to find one soon I guess. I may be young, but its better to try it now than never!

And yourself? P.S. You could reply with your IM so we could talk faster than replying this message one by one. Mine's (hidden) at hotmail. Hopefully it doesn't just end there. Doing this for the first time in facebook, well.. I hope to do this the first and last time with you :)



I'm not sure whether it comes with age, but people seem really forward these days. I've definitely not gotten used to it yet. Recently (past few years), I've gotten proposals such as, "let me just be honest with you. I'm not going to pretend that I just want to be friends..." What happened to the subtlety? I miss that. I prefer the whole, 'let's pretend we are friends for now even if we both know this might lead to something later.' It makes things a little less awkward don't you think? Or maybe it's just a waste of time on both our ends? I don't know.



In case, you're interested, this is what I replied:

I'm sorry. You seem nice but I'm not interested =)

Good luck on your quest in finding "the one".

2 comments:

Itscheryl said...

interesting.. but not surprising
i rather have people be honest with me i guess..

haha cause my life not as OC as yours anyways so i wont have much problems =P

Joanne Khoo said...

=D