Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Painting in bedroom

Photobucket

I painted this today to hang in my bedroom. I will take a picture of my room soon to show you all how it fits with the rest of the deco.

My mum and brother were out tonight. My dad and I were the only ones at home, left alone to our own devices. I was engrossed with my painting and my dad was sitting across the table reading the news. Once in a while, I would ask him for his opinion on my progress. Dad is a funny one. After an intent study of my painting, like one would observe a painting at the Louvre, he said, "Hm...it looks very nice but I don't quite understand. What's the meaning behind your painting?"

"Em...there's no meaning. It just looks pretty."

"I also don't understand why do you leave a white patch on one side. Why can't you paint the entire thing brown?"

"But that's how the painting is suppose to be!"

"Oh I see. The brown line is not very straight. What's all these jagged things?"

"That's the design!!!"

"Oh..."

I was trying very hard to ignore his last comment but against my own will, I took it in! I've decided that the brown line wasn't very straight. And so, I kept working on it. But it kept getting worse and worse. And I can't paint when I'm frustrated. But I couldn't stop painting as well because I couldn't stand the sight of the ugliness. So for the next half hour, I was trying to paint a straight brown line in between blaming myself for my lack of skills and poor dad, for throwing in his two cents worth.

Finally, I told myself to just stop! I reckon the hardest part is stopping because you'll always think that the painting can be further improved.

So there you go, that's the story of the painting with the not-so-straight brown line.

2 comments:

Itscheryl said...

i love that painting ! so artistic so interesting
doesnt have to be a straight line cause to me, it's like the ground where the leaves come out from, and grounds are always uneven anyways

so nice, maybe u can even sell it
cant wait to see ur room

Joanne Khoo said...

haha, it looks like the flower are growing underground right?

And the leaves and its veins are growing from the ground. hehe..I like the part where the brown soil gradually becomes leaves.

I cant believe I'm looking at my own painting from a 3rd perspective point of view.