Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Riverland Bar and Cafe

I spent two hours of my night tonight at this place. It's one of my favourite places to drink beer or coffee (more often beer rather than coffee). Tonight was the perfect night for it. The air was still, the temperature was slightly chilly but not cold enough to warrant a jacket and surprisingly, there was a vibrancy in the air, even though it was a Wednesday. Perhaps the good temperature drew the crowds out.

This bar-cum-cafe is located near Federation Square, adjacent to the yarra river (hence the name, Riverland) The decoration provides a very laid-back atmosphere. The outside is filled with rows of picnic-style wooden tables and benches. Its simple interior/exterior suit the atmosphere perfectly. It's a great place to just chill. It's not flashy at all and it's not a place that you feel a need to dress up for.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I like this picture because it seemed like the waiter was posing for us. Unfortunately, he is not in focus.

Riverland Bar and Cafe
Location: Federation Wharf (near Federation Square)
Opening times: Monday-Sunday, 7 am till late
Price Range: Main meals under $20
When: Monday - Sunday, 7am til late
Phone: +61 3 9662 1771

2 comments:

clare said...

I remember this well, what with your liquered coffees and my kahlua & coke! This is possibly one of the best places in Melbourne to chill and have a drink; I continue to appreciate the view of the river from there everyday on my laptop!

Anonymous said...

babe, we will go there again when you are down in melb. cant wait!


Joanne